The Africa Movie Academy Awards, popularly known as ‘AMAA’ is an annual award presented to recognise excellence among professionals working in or non-African professionals who have contributed to, the African film industry.
The 2019 edition, which is also the 15th edition of the show took place on Sunday at the Landmark Event Centre in Lagos.
Actress and producer, Kemi Lala Akindoju, Lorenzo Menakaya and comedian, Funnybone were hosts.
Below is the full list of the winners:
1. Michael Anyiam Osigwe Award For Best Film by an African-Born Director Living Abroad: Julius Amedume – Rattlesnakes
2. Best Diaspora Short Film: Bail (UK
3. Best Diaspora Documentary: My Friend Fela (Brazil)
4. Best Diaspora Narrative Feature: Hero (Trinidad and Tobago/Canada)
5. Best Achievement in Production Design: Redemption (Mozambique)
6. Best Achievement in Costume Design: Mercy of the Jungle (Rwanda)
7. Best Achievement in Make-Up: Mercy of the Jungle (Rwanda)
8. Best Achievement in Soundtrack: Mabata Bata (Mozambique)
9. Best Achievement in Visual Effects: Knockout Blessing (Nigeria)
10. NFVCB Award For Best Nigerian Film: King of Boys
11. Best Documentary: Khartoum Offside (Sudan)
12. Ousmane Sembene Award For Best Film in an African Language: Rafiki (Kenya)
13. Efere Ozako Award For Best Short Film: A Tune of Kora (SENEGAL)
14. Best Achievement in Sound: Mabata Bata (Mozambique)
15. Best Achievement in Cinematography: Sew the Winter to My Skin (S. Africa)
16. Best Achievement in Editing: Rafiki (Kenya)
17. Best Achievement in Screenplay: Redemption (Mozambique)
18. Best Animation: Choices – Nigeria
19. Best Young/Promising Actor: Cynthia Dankwa (Esi) BURIAL OF KOJO
20. Best Actor in a Supporting Role: Jarrid Geduld 9 (Abie) Ellen, The Ellen Parkies Story (WINNER)
21. Best Actress in a Supporting Role: Adesua Etomi (Kemi) The King of Boys
22. Best Actor in a Leading Role: Marc Zinga (Mercy of the Jungle) (WINNER)
23. Best Actress in a Leading Role: Sola Sobowale (Eniola)
24. Best Director-First Feature Film: Blitz Bazawule – The Burial of Kojo (Ghana)
25. Best Director: Jahmil X. Qubeka – Sew the Winter to My Skin (S. Africa)
26. Best Film: Mercy of the Jungle (Rwanda)
SUPPORT SEENOWTV’S ENTERTAINMENT JOURNALISM OF INTEGRITY AND CREDIBILITY
Good entertainment journalism costs a lot of money.
For continued free access to the best investigative entertainment journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble Endeavour.
By contributing to SeenowTV, you are helping to sustain an Entertainment journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.